Conor McGregor makes feelings clear about "nonsense" Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz bout

585     0
Conor McGregor makes feelings clear about "nonsense" Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz bout
Conor McGregor makes feelings clear about "nonsense" Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz bout

Conor McGregor has made his feelings abundantly clear about the upcoming Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz boxing fight, branding the Dallas bout a "nonsense match".

Diaz will make his professional boxing debut at the age of 38 against 5-1 Paul, who is looking to return with a win after his first defeat against Tommy Fury in February. The YouTube star regularly takes shots at McGregor, but generally gets little back - with the Irishman even refusing to name him when he branded him a "donkey" earlier this year.

And in a series of tweets today, McGregor has mocked the fight, insisting that he will watch on social media instead of buying the pay-per-view. And he called the event "nonsense" before declaring that he will fight Diaz for a third time regardless of the result in his first boxing match.

"Regardless of that nonsense match me and Nate will be completing the trilogy," McGregor wrote in a tweet that stayed up after initially deleting his message about watching the fight via Twitter. "I am going to go grab that bmf belt right quick for us to compete for it in the trilogy."

McGregor has previously said he believes Diaz will win the bout, claiming that Paul was "windy". Speaking with Ariel Helwani on the Matchroom Boxing YouTube channel, McGregor said: “I fancy him [Diaz] for it, to be honest. The man’s a bit windy. The other cat’s a bit windy. He’s a donkey. The guy’s a donkey, but the donkey has a kick as well. So you just got to be worried about that.”

Logan Paul and KSI announce new partnership with UFC president Dana White rriddqixxiqezinvLogan Paul and KSI announce new partnership with UFC president Dana White
Conor McGregor makes feelings clear about "nonsense" Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz boutNate Diaz and Jake Paul fight on Saturday night (@DAZNBoxing/Twitter)

Are you excited for Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

The Irishman had an iconic set of fights with Diaz back in 2016, with the pair going 1-1 before ending up their separate ways. The American took three years out of the octagon due to a lack of intriguing fights, while McGregor became a two-weight world champion and competed in a massive money boxing match with Floyd Mayweather that made him one of sport's biggest stars.

Fans have been clamouring for the pair to have a third fight, and Diaz today confirmed that he plans to fight the best, meaning that he likely will return to the UFC in future. McGregor has two fights left on his current deal, but is not expected to attempt free agency, insisting that the MMA promotion is the No.1 in the world.

Donagh Corby

Print page

Comments:

comments powered by Disqus