Two men found stabbed to death in Glasgow flat as police launch manhunt
A manhunt has been launched by Police Scotland after a two men were found stabbed to death in Glasgow.
Paul Lafferty 50, and Gary Beaton, 54, were found with serious injuries at a flat in Chancellor Street, Partick on Sunday.
They were pronounced dead at the scene, Police Scotland said in a statement.
Now, a manhunt has been launched with detectives from Police Scotland urging anyone with information to come forward.
Senior Investigating Officer Detective Superintendent Cheryl Kelly, of the Major Investigation Team, said: "My thoughts are with the families of Paul and Gary at this extremely difficult time and we are doing all we can to get them answers.
"Our investigation into the deaths of Paul and Gary are continuing and I would urgently appeal to anyone with information who has not already spoken with us to please do so.
"It is vital we trace whoever is responsible and we are fully committed to doing this. A significant amount of resources have been dedicated to this investigation and there will be a large police presence in the area as these enquiries continue.
"I am appealing directly to anyone with any information, no matter how small or insignificant they feel it may be, should come forward and speak to us. Please do not assume that the police already know the information you have."

Superintendent Craig Brady said: "I would like to extend my sympathies to the family and friends of Paul and Gary as they try to come to terms with their loss.
"We understand the significant impact this will have on the local community and I would like to thank everyone for their help so far. High visibility patrols remain in the area and there will be an increased police presence as the investigation continues.
"If anyone has any concerns, or information, please speak to officers."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Police Scotland on 101, quoting incident number 1386 of Sunday, August 16 2026 or speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Both men were friends and were found at Mr Lafferty’s home address
One local told the Daily Record on Monday: "I’ve stayed on this street for years and I have never seen anything like this. I saw police dotted about last night and didn’t think much of it. Now you can’t move for them."
Another said: "I’m just so shocked. I can’t believe this happened.
"You read about things like this online, you don’t expect it to happen on your doorstep."

Deputy Editor
Read more similar news:
Comments:
comments powered by Disqus