KSI announces new opponent after Dillon Danis pulled out of grudge fight

475     0
KSI announces new opponent after Dillon Danis pulled out of grudge fight
KSI announces new opponent after Dillon Danis pulled out of grudge fight

KSI will fight YouTube star Faze Temperrr after Dillon Danis pulled out of their planned January 14 fight on just ten days' notice.

The YouTube star has, for the second time in as many events since making his boxing return last summer, been forced to replace his main event dance partner on just days' notice after Bellator star Danis cancelled their fight due to reportedly being "underprepared". The jiu-jitsu black belt appeared to take the fight lightly, having opted not to hire a boxing coach and is now not competing.

Danis hadn't ever had a boxing match, nor had he competed in MMA for over three years, when he signed to fight KSI. And many fans and experts were not surprised to hear that he had pulled out of the event, having predicted it when he skipped the launch press conference over what he claimed was illness and disinterest in travelling during camp.

KSI's initial comeback fight faced a similar issue when YouTube star Alex Wassabi pulled out with just weeks to go until their bout at The O2 arena. Misfits Boxing ended up having the Brit face two opponents in one night; rapper Swarmz and journeyman boxer Luis Pineda, both of whom he stopped with ease.

Temperrr, whose real name is Thomas Oliveira is 2-1 as a boxer, winning his first bout with King Kenny in a controversial 're-score' after being announced as the loser on the night, before being knocked out by Slim Albaher last August on KSI's 'two fights in one night' undercard. He returned in November, knocking out Overtflow within a matter of seconds.

YouTuber shows off his bruised face after being beaten up by Floyd Mayweather rridzziquridttinvYouTuber shows off his bruised face after being beaten up by Floyd Mayweather

The Brazilian-born American was due to face a mystery opponent on the undercard of the Misfits event, who the promotion still have not named. The plan had been for the opponent to reveal themselves on fight night, and Mirror Fighting understands that they are likely to still fight on the event, without their identity being announced in advance.

Speaking in a series of tweets this afternoon, KSI first expressed his frustration by telling fans "Two fights, two pullouts. Kmt [kiss my teeth]" and then adding in a second, more defiant message "The show must go on. I’m still fighting January 14."

KSI announces new opponent after Dillon Danis pulled out of grudge fightKSI's fight with Dillon Danis has been cancelled (Warren Little/Getty Images)

What do you think of KSI's new opponent? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

He had been planning to make a step-up in competition by facing Danis, who is best known as a close friend and training partner of Conor McGregor. But he instead now faces yet another new opponent, with an announcement arriving just hours after it was confirmed that his initial opponent was out.

KSI's manager and Misfits Boxing boss Mams Taylor broke the news of Danis pulling out in a video for the promotion's YouTube channel. He said: "As you guys are aware, Mr Danis has made quite a few excuses, he signed a binding shortform contract and no material changes were ever made.

"His team, who I feel sorry for because they're very co-operative and respectful - they came and said to me 'Dillon is pulling out of the fight'. The real reason is, from what they said to me, that he's underprepared. He has no coach, he might be struggling with weight even though there's no rehydration, he has not been able to find a team that's going to support him to bring him into the fight."

Donagh Corby

Print page

Comments:

comments powered by Disqus